Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Half year reflection

At the start of the year there was a buzz on twitter about choosing one word for the year to focus on. I really liked the idea as I have my own opinion around Goals or Resolutions (as can be seen in my blog post in 2014).

The word I chose was 'open' and I listed numerous points to 'guide' me throughout the year.

Reflection:
  • experiences that I would normally stay clear from -> (I got involved in the Excel Rotorua initiative and am part of the pedagogy development team. Huge challenge ahead!)
  • transformation, by renewing my mind with new knowledge/learning -> (I am continuing my reading and wrote a reflection on 'Revisiting transformation & teaching practice'
  • accept new challenges and [maybe] changes -> (A project in progress...)
  • develop and advance in my position as a leader -> (Started this journey in a whole school PL&D Workshop)
  • have a growth mindset instead of a fixed mindset 
  • be mindful about little things to appreciate every day  
  • work towards achieving a work-life balance -> (Argghh! Why do I still struggle with this one?!)
  • the fact that 'not perfect' is o.k. - making mistakes is how we learn -> (Hard for a 'perfectionist', but I believe I am getting better at this)


~ Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." - Winston Churchill ~



No comments:

Post a Comment