The blogging task includes:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don't nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
11 random facts about me:
- I am actually a very reserved person. (so this meme will be a challenge)
- My family is the most important people in my life.
- I was born in Namibia.
- I joined Twitter in 2012.
- I enjoy learning new things.
- I don't trust people easily and once you've lost my trust you will never get it back.
- I prefer my Android over Apple.
- I enjoy reading lots of different genre.
- I don't like watching cooking shows on T.V.
- I am an avid supporter of the All Blacks and Silver Ferns.
- English is my second language
My answers to Sonya's questions:
1) What language do you use when you become emotional?
I think I use my body language to convey (the necessary) signals.
2) What is your favourite movie genre?
3) Who inspired you to set up your blog?
4) Who are your mentors and why?
All of the people in my PLN (Twitter and VLN) that have been a huge inspiration to my learning and growing personally and professionally. It is really hard to mention them all, but if I have to name a few, it would have to be:
- Sonya, who have been a tremendous support and inspiration. Thank you for helping me to believe in myself and for playing a huge part in where I am today!
- Annemarie, my travel buddy to Educamps and EduIgnite evenings, with whom I have amazing and uplifting conversations. Thank you!
- The #super7 from @kidsedchatnz, who I have the privilege to be communicating with on a regular basis. May our collaboration long continue!
5) What is one survival tool you would choose to take on a journey?
Swiss Army Knife
6) Where do you like to go to for thinking time?
Nature (bush / sea - anywhere remote)
7) Which do you prefer watching on the television or live streaming?
On television - when I want to relax.
Live streaming - when I am learning.
8) List 3x goals for 2014 and explain why you chose them.
- I will be ethical, spiritual, and motivated at all times (personal and professional).
- I will keep on inquiring to grow myself personally and professionally (which particularly will include my research/learning as an eFellow14).
- I will lead by example for my students to exemplify how hard work pays off through dedication.
9) Tell me about your closest mountain, river or other natural landmark
The Vingerklip in Namibia - a natural landmark (lovely childhood memories)
10) What is your earliest childhood memory?
My first dog I've got as a birthday present. I loved her to bits!!
11) Write your favourite whakatauki, quote or proverb and explain why you chose it
"Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers." - Lord Alfred Tennyson
Thank you Sonya for tagging me! I really appreciated it.
Lastly but not least, when number 11 is mentioned, I can't help but think of how quickly an eleven week term can come to a conclusion...
I tag you ... @mrs_hyde, @PalmyTeacher, @PascalDresse, @Juliet_Revell, @simone015, @ReidHNS1, @MSimmsNZ, @MNatusch, @cheryl_nichol, @Karl3nlj, @mjbuckland, @SchuKnight
Here are your 11 questions:
- What Inspires you?
- What are you reading now?
- If you weren't a teacher, what would you do?
- If you could change something about the education system, what would it be?
- When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
- Android or iPad tablets? Why?
- What do you find hardest to teach your students?
- What will you be doing differently this year?
- If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be and why did you choose this language?
- What is your favourite way to waste time?
- What is your life motto?
Bonus: Blogging Meme Participants