Thursday, April 10, 2014

Adjusting the pace and approach - connect to learners' interests & experiences

Ever since attending the It's a Learners' World: Mapping a New Landscape Conference in 2013, I have been interested in how I could adjust the pace and approach to connect to my learners' interests and experiences by using personalised learning.

As I felt that this was a concept worth looking into, I followed #azedchat (Arizona Educator Chat) on Student choice and Personalised learning with great excitement to see what other educators think and do. Visiting Stonefields School and Hobsonville Point Secondary School during our first #eFellow14 master class was of great significance. I also received fantastic help and insight from Sarah, the principal at Stonefields School.

Needless to say, that I am hooked now and when Annemarie asked me by the end of our EduIgnite Rotorua session if I am going to participate in our own New Zealand #edchatnz tonight - with the topic Personalised Learning - I was all for it. I did not hesitate to learn more and to share what I have learned so far.

Great ideas and learning are always evident in this chat and I have learned a lot from following/being involved in #edchatnz every fortnight.



~ "Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them." - Orison Swett Marden ~


No comments:

Post a Comment