Monday, August 4, 2014

Learning together with Coding!

I want my students to code, I want to learn to code...

And as usual the question was: "How and where do I start"?
I therefore started looking for further information and found this interesting read. Getting involved in coding chats on Twitter, also helped.

Then [at Educamp Auckland] Lesley shared her coding slide in the 'Smackdown'... and I was intrigued.


I am now part of that G+ "Code Club for Teachers" and have completed my first Hour of Code.  I am looking forward to further coding challenges and to ongoing personal learning & development.


Last week I used 'Lightbot' to introduce my 5 year old students to coding. What an amazing experience for all. They really enjoyed the session and seeing the engagement and co-operation amongst peers, were priceless.

I am looking forward to having this learning journey continue alongside my students. I am certain that we will make lots of mistakes, but [most importantly] we will all learn together!

I have also participated in an #aussieED chat, where we had interesting discussions around coding.




~ "In fifteen years we'll be teaching programming just like reading and writing... and wonder why we didn't do it sooner" - Mark Zuckerberg~


No comments:

Post a Comment