Thursday, September 10, 2015

Where to next?

"Where to next?" is a question I often ask myself...

At this stage in my career, I feel that I am almost constantly looking for a new challenge or development opportunity to help keep my 'calling' (the way I see my teaching role to be and not as a 'job') fresh. 

I got to a stage where I want an opportunity to try a new type of work, share my knowledge and experience for a defined period and learn new skills as part of my career development, without having to change my role completely.

After some careful consideration, I decided to apply for a part-time position within the project team of the Ngā Pūmanawa  e Waru initiative under the Excel Rotorua Education Trust. Following my application I was offered a secondment as a Learning Facilitator in the schools and kura of our district. A position that I am very much looking forward to!

I would also like to thank my Principal for supporting me in this new position.





~ "Opportunity knocks at the strangest times, It's not the time that matters But how you answer the door." - Steve/Gray ~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment