Saturday, May 5, 2018

Learning in a Digital World

I have been delighted to hear that I have been successful in my application for a grant after completing a 200 words impact statement for a Robotics Kit to enable a group of selected students of our school to participate in the 2018 FIRST LEGO League, which is a project-based, STEM education program. My aim with this is to engage our students and to get them excited about learning through robotics, whilst also immersing them in the world of technology. Our students will learn to participate in real-life, hands-on activities which has been designed to develop critical thinking, creative problem solving, collaboration and teamwork - all skills that are needed to be successful in the today's world.

One of our teachers, Matua Mel agreed to being the team coach / mentor. I will assist as 2nd coach / mentor as and when needed.
Matua Mel and I are excited to join our students on their learning journey!



~ "The most important principle for designing lively eLearning is to see eLearning design not as information design but as designing an experience". - Cathy Moore ~

No comments:

Post a Comment