Saturday, January 4, 2014

Goals or Resolutions

At this time of year, most people are making or have been making resolutions for the New Year. Many of us will have high hopes or firm decisions as to what we would like to achieve this year.

Personally, I don't think it really matters if you call them goals or resolutions, as both can help you get you to where you would like to go. What matters is your willingness to follow through.  

Some good questions to ask yourself:
WHAT do I really want to do?
WHY do I really want to do this?
HOW am I going to accomplish this?
WHEN will I accomplish this?
WHERE will this take me in my personal/professional learning journey?

I have learned to be making use of short-term as well as long-term goals. This really helps, as I have been able to celebrate even the small, every day achievements.  My eyes were not just focused on an 'end-result.' I was able to stay afloat.

One thing is certain though, all will not be plain sailing and I need to acknowledge that teaching could be stressful at times, things could happen and there will be trial and error.

One message that came through via uLearn13 was 'You have to teach... and fail... and then learn... and teach'.  A great affirmative, isn't it?


~ "Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill ~


No goals or resolutions yet?  You can always make use of this (from El Paso Library) by trying to 'choose a one word resolution and use that word(s) by thinking of three simple ways you can utilize it in different ares of your life:  at work, at school, at home, or in a hobby perhaps'.

Image from: El Paso Public library Dorris van Doren Branch


~  Whatever you decide to do, make sure it makes you happy. All the best for the year ahead!  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment